The Prosper community is filled with compassionate, giving, successful leaders and PROSPER Magazine is excited to once again recognize their efforts and their contributions to the community! We launched this program in 2012 and have been fortunate to recognize Prosper greats such as Dr. Drew Watkins, Jennifer Sanchez, Chief Stuart Blasingame, Greg Wright, Patty Felan and the late Dave Williams. We were honored to bestow the honor of Prosper Person of 2019 to Iris Meneley. All of these individuals are wonderful examples of what the Prosper community stands for and we are so proud to recognize their heart and love for this town!!
It is now time to begin taking nominations for Prosper’s Person of 2019…who do YOU believe is worthy? We are looking for residents of Prosper who are active in giving back to the community, who make a difference in the entire community and who represent our growing town with grace and style. We know that EVERYONE in our community is wonderful, but we are specifically looking for those that make an impact on Prosper as a whole…on the children, on the development, on the school district, on the businesses and on the PEOPLE!! Now is your chance to recognize that special person who makes Prosper what it is!!
Here is how it works:
- Visit www.WeAreProsper.com and click on the Prosper’s Best of 2019 tab
- Submit your COMPLETE Person of 2019 nomination by 11/30/2019. Please include the SPECIFIC reason you are nominating this individual. Your reason will be published as the basis for the public’s voting.
- We will vet each nominee to ensure that they live within Prosper and meet all of the criteria. FINAL NOMINEES will be included in the December Issue of PROSPER Magazine and we will open online voting on December 9, 2019.
- Online Voting at www.WeAreProsper.com will run from December 9, 2019 thru January 10, 2020. Each email address will be allowed ONE vote.
- A selection committee will be formed and will meet on January 13, 2020. If you’d like to be considered for the committee, please email Heather@CedarbrookMedia.com by December 20, 2019.
- Each of the final nominees will be photographed and will be asked to complete a short questionnaire about what Prosper means to them. These will be included in the January issue of PROSPER Magazine.
- On January 30, 2020, we will host a Prosper’s Best of 2019 Banquet to recognize the final nominees and announce the Prosper Person of 2019! Tickets will be available for purchase to this event and details will be announced online and in the December issue of PROSPER Magazine.
- The WINNER will be featured on the cover of PROSPER Magazine in February and will receive a commemorative plaque for their contribution to the community.
As we enter into the EIGHTH year of this award, we are excited to announce that we will also be adding a few categories. In addition to your nomination for Person of the Year, you will also have the opportunity to make a nomination in the following categories:
- Non-Profit of 2019
- PISD Administrator of 2019
- Volunteer of 2019
- Town of Prosper Staff Member of 2019
- Best Business of 2019
When making your Person of 2019 nomination, please include your Prosper favorites in these additional categories so that we can recognize the efforts of everyone who works tirelessly for our community! These nominees will receive the same recognition as Person of 2019 nominees and will also be celebrated and honored at the Prosper’s Best of 2019 Banquet on January 30, 2020.
We look forward to another amazing year of nominations and recognition for the great people of Prosper! If you have any questions or would like to assist in this process in ANY way, please contact Heather Reynolds at Heather@CedarbrookMedia.com or call 972-347-6231. WE ARE PROSPER!!